PARRY SOUND CRUISE LINES COVID-19 Safety Plan – snapshot
Parry Sound Cruise Lines
As we draw closer to our operating season, we are be required to make changes to our regular procedures, in conjunction with guidance from the ministry of health. The required measures will ensure the safety of our employees and guests. This will be carried out by using physical distancing, reduced contact, and proper cleaning. Even though these procedures are in place we will strive to ensure our guests will have an amazing time.
How Parry Sound Cruise Lines will carry out screening
Parry Sound Cruise Lines will provide guidelines pertaining to enhanced safety procedures for employees and guests. Parry Sound Cruise Lines will comply with all applicable COVID-19 protocol that is currently in place. The following policies and procedures have been put in place as a result of COVID-19
- Modified boarding procedures have been put in place to ensure the health and safety of employees, and guests is maintained. These include the following.
- All passenger over three years of age are required to wear face coverings when on Parry Sound Cruise Lines Site, and on the tour boat. Face coverings will be provided for purchase at the ticket booth.
- Guest will be allowed to remove mask for eating and drinking.
- Contact tracing will be carried out through the online booking system. Guests provide the name and phone number for compliance with current contact tracing procedures.
- A health assessment will be carried out at the ticket booth prior to boarding the tour boat. Contactless temperature checks of all guests will be carried out at the ticket booth prior to boarding. If you have a temperature greater then 38 degrees Celsius the guest will be refused entry on the tour boat.
How Parry Sound Cruise Lines will reduce the risk of transmission
The following control procedures will be put in place to reduce the risk of transmission:
- The tour boat will be operating at the capacity set out in the COVID-19 restriction zone in place by the province of Ontario for Parry Sound at the time of operation.
- Guests are permitted to bring a personal item. Personal items include a small purse or handbag, small backpack, infant diaper bag or camera bag. Maximum dimensions are 17.8 x 38.1 x 40.6 centimeters (7 x 15 x 16 inches).
- Restricted and dangerous articles are strictly prohibited.
- All guests will be required to have a ticket prior to boarding.
- Outside food is not permitted.
- The venue is smoke free, vape free and cannabis free.
- There will be a focus on increased frequency of cleaning high contact surfaces.
- Guests will be provided with hand sanitizer at easily accessible stations.
- Guest and employs will be required to be socially distanced. Where this is not practical clear drop sheets or plexy glass will be used to separate groups. Marks will be provided on the dock and the vessel to aid in this social distancing where required.
- Employee health check will be carried out at the start of their shift. A health screening questioner will be completed, and temperature check will be carried out. If the employees temperature is greater than 38 degrees Celsius they will not be allowed to continue work.
- Employees will be provided with all required PPE and applicable training. This will ensure that the best practices are used for carrying out their COVID- 19 related duties.
The employee training will include the following:
- Proper hand washing techniques. Poster are posted in both washrooms.
- Proper cleaning techniques required to reduce the transmission of covid 19. Emphasis on how to clean high contact surfaces.